I know I’m not the only one, as it seems most of us are incapable of keeping plants alive (what happened to our generation? You might think we should stop reproducing altogether). No wonder the succulent is immensely popular and Instagram became a succulent heaven ;)
But here’s the thing: if you do manage to keep these plants alive they become bigger and bigger until they seem to fall over. Their photogenic abilities completely vanished. So I started browsing the internet and here are 5 tips:
1. Succulents with a purple color are better suited outdoor, if you want to keep them indoors focus on succulents with green leaves instead.
2. Find a spot with enough light. A window facing south would be the ideal spot.
3. Water your succulent every week during summer and every two weeks during winter. They only need a little bit of water and make sure the soil is completly dry before you water again.
4. If the succulent has grown out of proportion and has gotten leggy, cut of the tips making sure you still have at least 2,5 cm or 1 inch of stem.
5. You can grow your very own succulent by taking of the excessive leaves. Want to know how exactly? I found this blog very helpful!