A few weeks ago I came across some ombre candles in pink. I immediately went to the store for some spray paint – in black of course, no pink for me. After seeing the price however (€8,- is not much, but still too much if you already have some acrylic paint somewhere), I decided a stippling brush would be a perfect substitute (still had one from high school). First I whiped the candles to get rid of any excessive oil, then painted the part that I wanted black, after that I started stippling over the just painted black area and worked my way up from there to get a nice faded effect. I really love how they look now: more please!